Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Praveen Kumar Gupta, M.D.
Chairman, Department of Family Practice at Suburban Hospital
Expertise: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Primary Care
Praveen Gupta, MD
Appointment Phone: 301-762-0788
50 W Edmonston Drive
Rockville, MD 20852 map
Dr. Praveen Gupta is board certified in family medicine and a graduate from Howard University College of Medicine where he also completed his residency in family practice. Dr. Gupta has been in practice for more than 29 years and works in Rockville, Maryland. Over the years he has served as Associate Medical Director for practices in North Bethesda and his private practice has served the community since 1992. Dr. Gupta's patient care philosophy is being friendly and accommodating while providing utmost quality healthcare services. Dr. Praveen Gupta is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Chairman, Department of Family Practice at Suburban Hospital
Departments / Divisions
- Family Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Howard University College of Medicine (1986)
- Howard University Hosptial / Family Practice (1989)
- American Board of Family Medicine / Family Medicine (1989, 2009)
Activities & Honors
- Co-founder of Primary Care Association of Montgomery County, Primary Care Association of Montgomery County, 1994
- Diplomat, American Board of Family Practice, 1989
- Associate Medical Director, Medical Nutrition Center Inc. of Greater Washington DC, 1989 - 1990
- Associate Medical Director, Health First Medical Group, 1990 - 1991
- Credentials Committee Member, 1997
Dr. Praveen Gupta serves on the credentials committee for the department of family practice at Suburban Hospital. He has been an active member of the credentials committee since 1997.
- Board of Quality Assurance Committee, 1993 - 1997
Dr. Praveen Gupta served on the board of quality assurance committee at Aetna Health Plans of Mid-Atlantic from 1993-1997.