Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
B. Lee Peterlin, D.O.
B Lee Peterlin, D.O.
Director, Johns Hopkins Headache Research
Associate Professor of Neurology
Expertise: Headache, Migraine, Neurology, Tension Headache, Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalalgias (TACs)
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-9550
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Peterlin is the director of headache medicine of the department of Neurology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine where she has established the department’s funded headache research. She serves as a mentor to residents and fellows interested in an academic headache career, with a particular focus on headache-related publications and original research.
Dr. Peterlin received her medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her neurology residency and neurophysiology fellowship at the Penn State Hershey Medical Center and a headache fellowship at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Dr. Peterlin’s research has focused on the characterization and pathophysiological basis of the role of obesity and the role of stress-related disorders (including post-traumatic stress disorder and physical and sexual abuse) in episodic and chronic migraine. She has published several articles on headache, as well as co-edited a handbook for primary care physicians on menstrually related migraine with Dr. Susan Hutchinson.
Dr. Peterlin is currently not accepting new patients.
- Director, Johns Hopkins Headache Research
- Associate Professor of Neurology
- Joint Appointment in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Centers & Institutes
- DO, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (1997)
- PinnacleHealth Community General Osteopathic Hospital / Internal Medicine (1999)
- Penn State Health Milton S Hershey Medical Center / Neurology (2002)
- Penn State Health Milton S Hershey Medical Center / Neurophysiology (2003)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center / Headache/Pain (2005)
- AOA Board of Neurology and Psychiatry / Neurology-General (2004)
- Headache Medicine Certification, United Council of Neurological Subspecialties (2010)
Research & Publications
Cha NC, Scher AI, Moghekar A, Bond DS, Peterlin BL.
Chai NC, Peterlin BL, Calhoun AH.
Curr Opin Neurol. 2014 Jun;27(3):315-24. doi: 10.1097/WCO.0000000000000091.
Recober A, Peterlin BL.
Future Neurol. 2014 Jan 1;9(1):37-40. No abstract available.
Oakley CB, Scher AI, Recober A, Peterlin BL.
Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2014 May;18(5):416. doi: 10.1007/s11916-014-0416-5.
Chai NC, Scher AI, Moghekar A, Bond DS, Peterlin BL.