I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Stephanie Frances Coquia, M.D.
Interim Director, Division of Ultrasound
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Expertise: Diagnostic Radiology
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 443-997-7237
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Coquia is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiology at Johns Hopkins Medicine. She works in the Division of Ultrasound and reads CTs, ultrasounds and performs image guided biopsies and procedures.
Dr. Coquia was drawn to radiology in order to help doctors determine patient’s diagnosis and help move them to the next step in their treatment of care. Her research interests includes ultrasound, specifically head and neck ultrasounds and thyroid ultrasound.
Dr. Coquia is working with the Department of Otolaryngology to look at tumors in the tonsils and tongue and how ultrasounds can be used to view them, as well as indicators that can determine if there the tumor is spreading outside of lymph nodes. This has important prognostic indicators for future care.
- Interim Director, Division of Ultrasound
- Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- Radiology and Radiological Science - Diagnostic Radiology
- MD, MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center (2006)
- Penn State Health Milton S Hershey Medical Center / Radiology (2011)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (2011)