Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Jennifer A. Wenzel, Ph.D.
Joint Appointment in Oncology
Research Interests: improve care experiences for patients and families and addressing health disparities. My major contribution has been the innovative extension of nurse-community patient navigator navigation interventions to include family or other patient-designated care partners. ...read more
- Joint Appointment in Oncology
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
1. Wenzel, J., Mbah, O., Xu, J., Moscou-Jackson, G., Saleem, H., Sakyi, K., & Ford, J. (2014). A Model of Cancer Clinical Trial Decision-making informed by African American cancer patients. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1007/s40615-014-0063-x
2. Hawk, E., Habermann, E., Ford, J., Wenzel, J., Brahmer, J., Chen, M., Vickers, S. (2014). Five NCI-designated cancer centers' data collection on Racial/Ethnic minority participation in therapeutic trials – A current view and opportunities for improvement. Cancer, 120 (S7), 1113-1121.
3. Wenzel, J., Griffith, K., Shang, J., Thompson, C., Hedlin, H., Stewart, K., DeWeese, T., & Mock, V. (2013). Impact of a home-based walking intervention on outcomes of sleep quality, emotional distress, and fatigue in patients undergoing treatment for solid tumors. The Oncologist,18(4), 476-484. [selected for CME module]
4. Wenzel, J., Jones, R., Klimmek, R., Szanton, S., & Krumm, S. (2012). Exploring the Role of Community Health Workers in Providing Cancer Navigation: Perceptions of African American Seniors. Oncology Nursing Forum, 39(3), E288-298.
5. Ropka, M. E., Wenzel, J., Phillips, E. K., Siadaty, M., & Philbrick, J. T. (2006). Uptake rates for breast cancer genetic testing: A systematic review. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention, 15, 840-855.