Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Vinay Kishor Parekh, M.D.
Director, Adult Psychiatric Emergency Services, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Instructor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Languages: English, Gujarati
Expertise: Addiction Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry Services, Community Psychiatry, Emergency Psychiatry, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences , Substance Abuse ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5212
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Vinay Parekh is an instructor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include community psychiatry and addiction psychiatry. Dr. Parekh is also interested in using mobile apps and mobile capable websites to provide patient education. As an example, please see AskHopkinsPsychiatry.
Dr. Parekh serves as the Director of Adult Psychiatric Emergency Services at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
He earned his M.D. and completed his residency in psychiatry at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Director, Adult Psychiatric Emergency Services, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Co-Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Broadway Center for Addiction
- Assistant Director of the Medical Student Psychiatry Clerkship, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Instructor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2007)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (2011)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2011)