Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Jennifer Kim Lee-Summers, M.D.
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Jennifer Lee-Summers is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine and pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her area of clinical expertise is pediatric anesthesia and critical care medicine.
Dr. Lee-Summers received her undergraduate degree in environmental, population and organismic biology from the University of Colorado - Boulder and her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She completed an internship and residency in pediatrics and a residency in anesthesiology at Johns Hopkins. Dr. Lee-Summers then performed fellowships in pediatric anesthesiology and pediatric critical care medicine, both at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2010.
Her research interests include cerebrovascular autoregulation during anesthesia.
Dr. Lee-Summers received a Research Day award from the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine in 2010, as well as the Young Investigator Award (2nd place) from the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia.
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2002)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pediatrics (2005)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine (2008)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine (2009)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2009)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Pediatric Anesthesiology (2013)
Research & Publications
- Larson AC, Jamrogowicz JL, Kulikowicz E, Wang B, Yang ZJ, Shaffner DH, Koehler RC, Lee JK. "Cerebrovascular autoregulation after rewarming from hypothermia in a neonatal swine model of asphyxic brain injury." J Appl Physiol. (1985). 2013 Nov;115(10):1433-42. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00238.2013. Epub 2013 Sep 5.
- Ono M, Brown C, Lee JK, Gottesman RF, Kraut M, Black J, Shah A, Cameron DE, Baumgartner W, Hogue CW. "Cerebral blood flow autoregulation is preserved after hypothermic circulatory arrest." Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Dec;96(6):2045.
- Howlett JA, Northington FJ, Gilmore MM, Tekes A, Huisman TAGM, Parkinson C, Chung SE, Jennings JM, Jamrogowicz JJ, Larson AC, Lehmann CU, Jackson E, Brady KM, Koehler RC, Lee JK. "Cerebrovascular autoregulation and neurologic injury in neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy." Pediatr Res. 2013 Nov;74(5):525-35. doi: 10.1038/pr.2013.132. Epub 2013 Aug 13.
- Lee JK, Williams M, Jennings JM, Jamrogowicz JL, Larson AC, Jordan LC, Heitmiller ES, Hogue CW, Ahn ES. "Cerebrovascular autoregulation in pediatric moyamoya disease." Paediatr Anaesth. 2013 Jun;23(6):547-56. doi: 10.1111/pan.12140. Epub 2013 Mar 18.
- Kim JJ, Buchbinder N, Ammanuel S, Kim R, Moore E, O'Donnell N, Lee JK, Kulikowicz E, Acharya S, Allen RH, Lee R, Johnston MV. "Cost-effective therapeutic hypothermia treatment device for hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy." Med Devices (Auckl). 2013;6:1-10. doi: 10.2147/MDER.S39254. Epub 2013 Jan 3.
Activities & Honors
- 12th Annual ACCM Research Day Award Recipient, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, 2010
- Young Investigator Award (2nd place), Society for Pediatric Anesthesia, 2010
- Hospira Physician Scientist Award, Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research/American Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists, 2009
- 11th Annual ACCM Research Day Award Recipient, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, 2009
- The W. Barry Wood Student Research Award, 2002
- Henry Strong Dennison Research Award, 2001