Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Michael S. Kidorf, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Addiction Treatment Services
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Research Interests: Drug abuse treatment research; Contingency management
- Associate Director, Addiction Treatment Services
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Centers & Institutes
- B.A., Emory University (Georgia) (1985)
- Ph.D., Florida State University (Florida) (1990)
Research & Publications
- Kidorf, M., King, V.L., & Brooner, R.K. (1999). Integrating psychosocial services with methadone treatment: Behaviorally contingent pharmacotherapy. In E. C. Strain and M. L. Stitzer (Eds), Treatment of opioid dependence: Methadone and alternative medications. Hopkins Press, 166-195.
- Kidorf, M., & Stitzer, M.L. (1999). Contingent access to clinic privileges reduces drug abuse in methadone maintenance patients. In S. Higgins & K. Silverman (Eds.), Motivating behavior change among illicit drug abusers: Contemporary research on contingency management interventions. American Psychological Association, 221-241.
- Kidorf, M., Hollander, J.R., Brooner, R.K., & King, V.L. (1998). Increasng employment of opioid dependent outpatients: An intensive behavioral intervention. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 50, 73-80.
- Kidorf, M., Brooner, R.K., King, V.L., & Stoller, K.B. (1998). Predictive validity of cocaine, sedative, and alcohol dependence diagnoses. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 66, 168-173.
- Kidorf, M., Brooner, R.K., & King, V.L. (199). Motivating methadone patients to include drug-free significant others in treatment: A behavioral intervention. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 14, 23-28.