Clinical Trial Keywords:
A phase II study of gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel in combination with GDC-0449 (Hedgehog inhibitor) in patients with previously untreated metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
1.DiPaola RS, Weiss RE, Cummings KB, Kong FM, Jirtle RL, Anscher M, Gallo J,Goodin S, Thompson S, Rasheed Z, Aisner J, Todd MB. Effect of 13-cis-retinoic acid and α-interferon on transforming growth factor β1 in patients with rising prostate specific antigen. Clinical Cancer Research, 3:1999-2004, 1997.
2. Haluska P, Saleem A, Rasheed Z, Ahmed F, Su EW, Liu LF, Rubin EH. Interaction between topoisomerase I and a novel ring-finger/arginine-serine protein. Nucleic Acids Research, 27(12):2538-2544, 1999.
3. Rasheed ZA, Saleem A, Ravee Y, Pandolfi PP, Rubin EH. "The topoisomerase I-binding RING protein, topors, is associated with promyelocytic leukemia nuclear bodies." Experimental Cell Research, 277(2):152-160, 2002.
4. Saleem A, Dutta J, Malegaonkar D, Rasheed F, Rasheed Z, Rajendra R, Marshall H, Luo M, Li H, Rubin EH. "The topoisoerase I- and p53-binding protein topors is differentially expressed in normal and malignant human tissues and may function as a tumor suppressor." Oncogene, 23(31):5293-5300, 2004.
5. Rajendra R, Malegaonkar D, Pungaliya P, Marshall H, Rasheed Z, Brownell J,Liu L, Lutzker S, Saleem A, Rubin EH. "Topors functions as an E3 ubiquitin ligase with specific E2 enzymes and ubiquitinates p53." Journal of Biological Chemistry, 279(35):36440-36444, 2004.
6. Jimeno A, Feldmann G, Surez-Gauthier A, Rasheed Z, Solomon A, Zou GM,Rubio-Viqueira B, Garca-Garca E, Lpez-Ros F, Matsui W, Maitra A, Hidalgo M. A direct pancreatic cancer xenograft model as a platform for cancer stem cell therapeutic development. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 8(2):310-314, 2009.
7. Rasheed ZA, Yang J, Wang Q, Kowalski J, Freed I, Murter C, Hong SM, Koorstra JB, Rajeshkumar NV, Goggins M, Iacobuzio-Donahue C, Laheru D,Jimeno A, Hidalgo M, Maitra A, Matsui WH. Mesenchymal features dictate the clinical relevance of cancer stem cells in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. JNCI, 102(5):340-351, 2010.
8. Rajeshkumar NV, Rasheed ZA, Garca-Garca E, Lpez-Ros F, Fujiwara K,Matsui WH, Hidalgo M. The DR-5 agonist Tigatuzumab, targets pancreatic cancer stem cells and results in long term cures, in combination with GEM, in
direct pancreatic cancer xenografts. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 9(9):2582- 2592, 2010.
9. Rasheed ZA,* Ishizawa K,* Karisch R, Wang Q, Kowalski J, Susky E, Pereira K,Karamboulas C, Moghal N, Rajeshkumar NV, Hidalgo M, Tsao M, Ailles L,Waddell T, Maitra A, Neel BG, Matsui W. Tumor-initiating cells are rare in many human tumors. Cell Stem Cell, 7(3):279-282, 2010. *Co-first authors.
10. Rasheed ZA, Wang Q, Matsui W. Isolation of stem cells from human pancreatic cancer xenografts. Journal of Visual Experimentation, 2010 Sep 26;(43), doi: 10.3791/2169.
11. Rasheed ZA, Kowalski J, Smith BD, Matsui W. "Concise review: Emerging concepts in clinical targeting of cancer stem cells." Stem Cells, 29(6):883-887, 2011.
12. Feldmann G, Mishra A, Bisht S, Garrido-Laguna I, Rasheed Z, Ottenhof N, Dadon T, Alvarezm H, Fendrich V, Rajeshkumar NV, Matsui W, Brossart P, Hidalgo M, Bannerji R, Maitra A, Nelkin BD. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor
Dinaciclib (SCH727965) inhibits pancreatic cancer growth and progression in murine xenograft models. Caner Biology & Therapy, 12(7): Epub ahead of print, 2011.