Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
David Cohen, M.D.
David Scott Cohen, M.D.
Specializes in: Adults (18+ years)
Expertise: Critical Care Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Public Health, Pulmonary Medicine
Chevy Chase Pulmonary Associates
Appointment Phone: 301-656-7374
5530 Wisconsin Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 map
Dr.David Scott Cohen, a board certified pulmonologist, strives to provide his patients with comprehensive state of the art medical care, to communicate clearly in an easily understandable and compassionate manner, and to empower patients to make the best and most informed decisions about their health care needs.
When Dr.Cohen is not in the office performing procedures, he enjoys bicycling, yoga, hiking,and ballroom dancing. Dr.Cohen's favorite book is The Omnivore’s Dilemma. His favorite music is Jazz.
For more information on pulmonologist Dr. David Scott Cohen, visit ChevyChasePulmonary.com.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Medicine at Suburban Hospital
- MD, University of Miami School of Medicine (1983)
- University of California San Francisco / Internal Medicine (1986)
- University of California San Francisco / Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (1990)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Critical Care Medicine (1991)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1986)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Pulmonary Disease (1990)
Activities & Honors
- Sibley Memorial Hospital: Chief, Pulmonary Diseases , 1999 - 2004
- Vice-Chairman, Dept of Internal Medicine , 2005 - 2006
- Chairman, Dept of Internal Medicine , 2007 - 2008
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Georgetown University, 1991 - 1999
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Medicine-University of California , San Francisco, 1990 - 1991