I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jordan Philip Steinberg, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Expertise: Cleft Lip, Cleft Palate, Craniofacial Reconstruction, Craniofacial Surgery, Craniosynostosis, Ear Surgery, Endovascular Treatment Options for Pediatric Tumors of the Head and Neck, Facial Trauma, Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive Jaw Surgery ...read more
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Jordan P. Steinberg is an assistant professor of plastic and reconstructive surgery at Johns Hopkins, where he specializes in pediatric and craniofacial plastic surgery at the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center.
Dr. Steinberg received his medical degree as well as a Ph.D. in neuroscience from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He then completed a residency in plastic surgery (integrated) at Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center followed by a fellowship in pediatric craniofacial surgery at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Prior to joining the faculty at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Steinberg served on the attending staff at Advocate Children’s Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois, as a pediatric/craniofacial plastic surgeon.
Dr. Steinberg’s research focuses on clinical outcomes in cleft and craniofacial surgery as well as translational efforts in understanding the neurodevelopmental consequences of craniosynostosis. Dr. Steinberg has been recognized for his many contributions in both basic science and clinical research, including with a grant from the Plastic Surgery Foundation as well as the Best Pediatric/Craniofacial Paper Award from the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal in 2016. He is also an internationally credentialed plastic surgeon volunteer with Operation Smile.
- Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- MD PhD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2007)
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University / Plastic Surgery (2014)
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (2015)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery / Plastic Surgery (2016)
Research & Publications
Clinical/translational research in cleft and craniofacial surgery
• Establishing prospective database for tracking of cleft lip and palate and craniofacial surgery
• Global health initiatives in cleft and craniofacial surgery
• Radiologic/anatomic analyses of velopharyngeal function
• Neurodevelopmental sequelae of craniosynostosis
Activities & Honors
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal Best Pediatric/Craniofacial Paper Award, 2016
- Resident Research Day First Prize Winner, 4th Annual Plastic Surgery Resident Research Day, Northwestern University Division of Plastic Surgery, 2014
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons Resident Scholar Award, 2012
- Tau Beta Pi Honorary Society in Engineering, 1998
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society, 2007
- AO Craniomaxillofacial, Member, 2007
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association, Active member, 2013
- American Society of Craniofacial Surgeons, Affiliate member, 2011
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, Candidate member, 2015
- American Association of Pediatric Plastic Surgeons, Affiliate member, 2015
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Plastic Surgery Section, Specialty Fellow, 2017
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Active member, 2017
- American College of Surgeons, Associate Fellow, 2017
- Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons, member, 2017
- Internationally credentialed plastic surgeon volunteer, Operation Smile