I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Haniee Chung, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Expertise: Anorectal Disorders, Colon and Rectal Surgery, Colon Cancer, Colon Surgery, Colonoscopy, Colorectal Cancer, Colorectal Surgery, Fecal Incontinence, Fistulas, Hemorrhoids, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Minimally Invasive Surgery, Rectal Cancer, Robotic Surgery, Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS) ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Health Care and Surgery Center
Appointment Phone: 240-762-5130
6420 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Surgery Foxhall
Appointment Phone: 202-895-1440
3301 New Mexico Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Haniee Chung, M.D., is an assistant professor of surgery at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, as well as a colorectal surgeon affiliated with Suburban Hospital and the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Chung's clinical focus includes colon and rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and benign anorectal disorders. She has expertise in minimally invasive and robotic procedures, as well as stoma sparing procedures and treating benign colorectal conditions.
Dr. Chung earned her medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. She completed a research fellowship in general surgery in the section of transplant surgery at Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, followed by a residency in general surgery, where she was named the Walter F. Ballinger II Administrative Chief Resident. Dr. Chung also completed a fellowship in colorectal surgery at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri.
Dr. Chung is a member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, where she is on the Global Affairs Committee as well. Dr. Chung was awarded the American College of Surgeons Leadership and Advocacy Committee Scholarship in 2016.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (2010)
- Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis / General Surgery (2013)
- Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis / General Surgery (2016)
- Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis / Colorectal Surgery (2017)
- Pending/Scheduled / Colon & Rectal
- Pending/Scheduled / General Surgery
Activities & Honors
- Leadership and Advocacy Committee Scholarship, American College of Surgeons, 2016
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Global Affairs Committee