I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Dilhana Sumaiya Badurdeen, M.B.B.S.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Sinhalese
Expertise: Colon Cancer, Colonoscopy, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Obesity, Weight Loss
Research Interests: Obesity; Weight loss
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MBBS, Manipal College of Medical Sciences (2007)
- Howard University Hospital / Internal Medicine (2011)
- Howard University Hospital / Gastroenterology (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2011)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Badurdeen D, Girgis M, Sanderson A, Laiyemo AO. Coxsackie Virus: An Unusual Cause of Pancreatitis. Am J Gastroenterol 2013;108(1):S88
Badurdeen D, Tesfaye B, Mekasha G, Jack M, Laiyemo A. Colonic Schistosomiasis: The Great Masquerade of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2013;108(1):S402
Badurdeen D, Brown K, Sanderson A, Laiyemo A. Black Esophagus. Am J Gastroenterol 2014; 109(2):S248
Tesfaye B, Arhinful J, Badurdeen D, Mekasha G. Strongyloides Colitis: A lethal mimic of Ulcerative Colitis. Am J Gastroenterol 2014;109(2):S402
Badurdeen D, Alkhalloufi K, Kibreab K, Begum R. Acute Pancreatitis and Sickle Cell Hepatopathy in a Pregnant Patient. Am J Gastroenterol 2014;109(2):S313
Activities & Honors
- Award for ‘Most Outstanding Presentation’ in the category of Translational and Clinical Sciences – Howard University Research day 2014
- Howard University Hospital GME Award for 'Outstanding Professionalism' - 2013
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (AASLD) and European Association for the Study of Liver Disease (EASL) – ‘Portal Hypertension and Variceal Hemorrhage Single topic conference Travel Award, Atlanta, Georgia - 2012
- Howard University Department of Medicine medal for research excellence - 2011
- 1st place winner of the podium presentation at the American College of Physicians (ACP) meeting - Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland - 2011
- American Gastroenterological Association, member, 2012
- American College of Gastroenterology, member, 2012
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, member, 2012
- Sri Lanka Medical Society, member, 2008
- Traveled to Sri Lanka to assist the Tsunami victims, 2005
- Participated in mobile eye camps for cataract surgery, Pokhara City Nepal, 2001
- Trekked to Poon Hill in the Annapurna range Nepal, to screen seniors for HTN, 2000
- Participated in screening projects for school children in rural areas of Pokhara City, Nepal, 1999