I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Andres Matoso, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Languages: English, Spanish
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
401 North Broadway
Pathology, Weinberg Building, Suite 2242
Baltimore, MD 21231-2410 map
Dr. Andres Matoso is an assistant professor of pathology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include general surgical pathology and urologic pathology.
Dr. Matoso received his M.D. from the University of Buenos Aires in 2002 followed by residency training in Urology also in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Upon moving to the US, he was a postdoctoral research fellow in cancer biology at Cornell University. Subsequently, he did his residency training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at Brown University. He joined the Urologic Pathology Service at Johns Hopkins in January 2017.
His research interests include molecular alterations associated with bladder cancer development and progression and clinicopathologic characterization of rare urologic tumors. He has published over 35 peer-reviewed articles and 2 book chapters and received many awards for his work including the Stowell-Orbison Award from The United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology.
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- MD, Universidad de Buenos Aires (2002)
- Hospital Militar Central / Urology (2005)
- Rhode Island Hospital / Pathology (2012)
- Rhode Island Hospital (2013)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2014)
- American Board of Pathology / Anatomic & Clinical Pathology (2012)