Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Hayder Dhafir Hashim, M.D.
Expertise: Cardiovascular Diseases, Echocardiography, Internal Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology
5530 Wisconsin Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 map
Dr. Hayder D. Hashim is a cardiologist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital and Holy Cross Hospital. Dr. Hashim is board certified in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is also certified in nuclear cardiology, echocardiography and vascular medicine. He practices out of CardioCare, located in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Dr. Hashim earned his medical degree from University of Baghdad. He completed residencies in internal medicine and cardiology at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, followed by a fellowship in interventional cardiology at Montefiore Medical Center-Weiler Hospital.
Dr. Hashim has won many teaching awards, including the Golden Apple Excellence in Teaching Award and the Arnold F. Gold Award for Humanism and Excellence in Teaching.
Dr. Hashim has contributed to numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and has presented in national and international meetings.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, University of Baghdad (2006)
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School - GME / Internal Medicine (2012)
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School - GME / Cardiology (2015)
- Montefiore Medical Center-Weiler Hospital / Interventional Cardiology (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (2015, 2017)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Interventional Cardiology
Research & Publications
Kadom N, Hashim HD, Olsen C, Cefaratti M, Bulas D, Shalaby-Rana E. "Nursing role model for computed tomography contrast injection decreases extravasation rates." J Pediatr Nurs. 2012 Apr;27(2):113-8. doi: 10.1016/j.pedn.2010.10.007. Epub 2010 Dec 3.
Activities & Honors
- Golden Apple Excellence in Teach Award, Golden Apple Foundation
- Arnold Gold Award for Humanism and Excellence in Teaching