Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Maria Raquel Nunes, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Oncology
Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Expertise: Cancer Genomics, Clinical Trials, Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
Sibley Memorial Hospital
5255 Loughboro Road NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Dr. M. Raquel Nunes is a breast medical oncologist at the Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Dr. Nunes is board-certified in medical oncology and hematology. She is a member of the Johns Hopkins Breast Cancer Program.
Dr. Nunes has an expertise in breast cancer, cancer genomics and clinical trials evaluating new treatment options and markers for personalized therapy. Her specific interests include predictive markers, lobular breast cancer and global health.
Dr. Nunes earned her medical degree from the University of Lisbon Medical School in Portugal. She completed a residency at Georgetown University/MedStar Washington Hospital Center, as well as a fellowship. Previously, Dr. Nunes was on faculty at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, where she held an appointment as assistant professor at Georgetown University.
Dr. Nunes was awarded a merit award by the American Society of Clinical Oncology in 2002. She has completed research fellowships at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the National Institutes of Health.
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- MD, Universidade de Lisboa Faculdade de Medicina (1994)
- Hospital de S Jose / Internal Medicine (1996)
- Medstar Washington Hospital Center / Internal Medicine (2009)
- Portuguese Institute of Oncology / Medical Oncology (1999)
- Portuguese Institute of Oncology / Medical Oncology (2004)
- Medstar Washington Hospital Center / Hematology and Oncology (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Hematology (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2009)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Oncology (2012)