Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Matthew T Binkley, M.D.
Assistant of Orthopaedic Surgery
Research Interests: Shoulder Replacement; Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty; Rotator Cuff Surgery; Nonunions
Matthew Binkley, M.D., is a Shoulder and Elbow Fellow at Johns Hopkins. During his academic career, he was actively involved with the academic orthopedic curriculum for the residency program at his alma mater, assisted with admissions and volunteered as a resident mentor for the orthopaedic interest group. Dr. Binkley went on to co-author several chapters for a reference guide for senior medical students.
Dr. Binkley’s research focus is on shoulder surgery, specifically reverse total shoulder replacement and rotator cuff issues that often arise during such surgeries.
- Assistant of Orthopaedic Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Shoulder Surgery
- MD, Wright State University School of Medicine (2011)
- SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine / Orthopaedic Surgery (2016)
- Pending/Scheduled / Orthopedic Surgery
Research & Publications
Binkley MT, Duquin TR. (2016). In Orthopedic Surgery Clerkship: A Quick Reference Guide for Senior Medical Students. New York, New York: Springer
- Elbow: Degenerative joint disease
- Elbow: Osteoarthritis
- Elbow: Post-Traumatic Arthritis
- Elbow: Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Shoulder: Arthroplasty
- Shoulder: SLAP tears
Activities & Honors
- Outstanding First Year Medical Student Scholarship, 2007
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, 2004 - 2007
- Alpha Lamda Delta Honor Society, Wright State University, 2004
- New York State Society of Orthopedic Surgeons, 2016
- AOTrauma, 2013 - 2014
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2011
- American Medical Association, 2007 - 2011
- Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship - Johns Hopkins Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2016
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Factors Associated with Rotator Cuff Tears in Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
poster presentation , Las Vegas, NV (03/01/2015)
American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Rotator Cuff Issues in Total Shoulder ?Arthroplasty Explored
research presentation , Eugene Mindell Graduation Research Symposium , Buffalo, NY (06/01/2014)
Comparison of Complications of Total and Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
poster presentation , New Orleans, LA (03/01/2014)
Orthopedic Research Society
Epidemiology of Cervical Fracture in Adults aged 18-44
poster presentation , Symposium of Research , Dayton, OH (04/01/2010)
Wright State University