Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Donald Nicholas Hope, M.D.
Assistant of Orthopaedic Surgery
Donald Hope, M.D., is an adult reconstruction, hip and knee replacement fellow at the Johns Hopkins Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is also a teaching fellow at the Department of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences. Dr. Hope received his medical degree from the Northeast Ohio Medical University and completed his residency at the National Capital Consortium / Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Assistant of Orthopaedic Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine (2010)
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center / Orthopaedic Surgery (2016)
- Pending/Scheduled / Orthopaedic Surgery
Research & Publications
Polfer EM, Hope DN, Elster EA, Qureshi AT, Davis TA, Golden D, Potter BK, Forsberg JA. The development of a rat model to investigate the formation of blast-related post-traumatic heterotopic ossification. Bone Joint J. 2015 Apr;97-B(4):572-6. PMID: 25820900
Qureshi AT, Crump E, Pavey GJ, Hope DN, Forsberg JA, Davis TA. Early Characterization of Blast-related Heterotopic Ossification in a Rat Model. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015 Sep;473(9):2831-9. PMID: 25754758
Pavey GJ, Qureshi AT, Hope DN, Pavelicek R, Potter BK, Forsberg JA, Davis TA. Bioburden Increases Heterotopic Ossification Formation in an Established Rat Model. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015 Sep;473(9):2840-7. PMID: 25822455
Activities & Honors
- Joint Service Commendation Medal, 2016
- Winner, Navy Wide Research Competition, Portsmouth, VA, 2014
- Army Achievement Medal, 2010
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), 2016
Arthroplasty Surgeon in Training
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons (SOMOS), 2011
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), 2010
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA), 2010
- American Medical Association (AMA), 2006
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Evaluation of the Skin-Implant Interface and PossibleOsseointegration Implant Surface Solutions in a Porcine Model
Podium , Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Conference , Scottsdale, AZ (12/16/2014)
A prospective study on inflammation, wound failure and heterotopic ossification in combat wounds
Podium , Orthopaedic Trauma Association Annual Meeting , Tampa, FL (10/05/2014)
Evaluation of Bioburden on the Development of Heterotopic Ossification in an Established Rat Model
Podium , 2nd Place Winner for Basic Science presentation , Maryland Orthopaedic Association Annual Conference , Baltimore, MD (03/07/2015)