Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Blaithin Antoinette McMahon, M.B., M.B.B.Ch., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, French
Research Interests: Nephrology; Kidney diseases
Dr. Blaithin A. McMahon is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
She earned her M.B.B.Ch. from the University College Dublin School of Medicine and Medical Science. She completed internal medicine residencies at both Dublin Academic Medical Centre and Johns Hopkins. She performed a fellowship in nephrology at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. McMahon's research interests include nephrology and kidney disease.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MB BCh BAO, University College Dublin (2006)
- Dublin Academic Medical Centre / Internal Medicine (2008)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2013)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Nephrology (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2014)
- Pending/Scheduled / Nephrology
Research & Publications
Dr. McMahon is currently researching the effect of loop diuretics on the severity and outcome of acute kidney injury (AKI).