Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Mona Bahouth, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Phipps Suite 446
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Mona Bahouth is a physician, researcher and acute care nurse practitioner specializing in advanced practice neuroscience nursing education and clinical management of stroke and other cerebrovascular conditions. Dr. Bahouth earned her MSN at Syracuse and her MD at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. She served as an intern at the University of Maryland Medical Center's department of Medicine and completed her residency in neurology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, followed by a cerebrovascular fellowship at that institution.
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Departments / Divisions
- Neurology - Neurology-Vascular
- MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (2014)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (2016)
- Certification, Critical Care Registered Nurse (1996)
- Certification, Neuroscience Registered Nurse (1998)
- National Certification, Adult Nurse Practitioner (1998)
- National Certification, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (1999)
Research & Publications
Faigle, R, Bahouth, MN, Urrutia, V, Gottesman, RF. Racial and socioeconomic disparities in gastrostomy tube placement after intracerebral hemorrhage in the US. Stroke. February 2016;47: online ahead of publication (PMID 26892281)
Brown, C, Faigle, R, Klinker L, Bahouth, MN, Max,L, LaFlam, A, Neufeld, KJ, Mandal K, Gottesman, RF, Hogue, C. The Association of Brain MRI Characteristics and Postoperative Delirium in Cardiac Surgery Patients. Clinical Therapeutics; 37(12):2686-2699. (PMID 26621626)
Bahouth, MN, Ackerman, M, Ellis, EF, Fuchs, J, McComiskey, C, Stewart, ES, Thomson-Smith, C. Centralized resources for nurse practitioners: common early experiences among leaders of six large health systems. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 25(4):203-212. (PMID 24218238)
Activities & Honors
- Emerging Leaders Forum, American Academy of Neurology, 2015 - 2015
- Armstrong Institute Patient Safety and Quality Leadership Academy, Johns Hopkins Medicine, 2015 - 2015
- Thomas Preziosi Clinical Excellence Award, Johns Hopkins Department of Neurology, 2014 - 2014
- Frank L Coulson, Jr Award for Clinical Excellence, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2014 - 2014
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses
- Registered Nurse Advisory Committee for Transplant Donor Services
- Coalition of Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland