Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Elnasif Arrayeh, M.B.B.S.
Instructor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Languages: English, Arabic
Expertise: Image-Guided Biopsies and Drainages, Radiology
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
Appointment Phone: 443-997-7237
601 N Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
After completing medical school at UMST in Sudan, Dr. Arrayeh emigrated to the United States to pursue internship and residency training in diagnostic radiology at the Detroit Medical Center. He had completed a post-doctoral research fellowship in radiology at the University of California at San Francisco prior to residency training and a clinical fellowship in body imaging at the University of Washington. He is currently enrolled in a cross-sectional imaging fellowship at Johns Hopkins.
- Instructor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology
- Radiology and Radiological Science - Diagnostic Radiology
- MBBS; Medicine, Faculty Of Medicine University Of Khartoum (2006)
- Detroit Medical Center / Radiology (2015)
- University of Washington Medical Center / Radiology (2016)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (2016, 2018)
Research & Publications
Cost and effectiveness of various ultrasound phantoms for procedure training. Stephen Allison, MD; Elnasif Arrayeh, MD; Michael McNeeley, MD; Cathy Phan, ARNP; Manjiri Dighe, MD. Published as a poster presentation at RSNA 2015.
Transcatheter Arterial Embolization for Upper Gastrointestinal Nonvariceal Hemorrhage: Is Empiric Embolization Warranted? Arrayeh E, Fidelman N, Gordon RL, LaBerge JM, Kerlan RK Jr, Klimov A, Bloom AI. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2012 Dec;35(6):1346-54.
A Rare Benefit from Alcohol Abuse -- The finding of a Choledocal Cyst (Case Report performed in collaboration with department of Internal Medicine, electronic poster presentation at SCBTMR 2013).
Does local recurrence of prostate cancer after radiation therapy occur at the site of primary tumor? Results of a longitudinal MRI and MRSI study. Arrayeh E, Westphalen AC, Kurhanewicz J, Roach M 3rd, Jung AJ, Carroll PR, Coakley FV. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Apr 1;82(5):e787-93. Presented as an oral presentation at ARRS 2012 in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Prevalence of Major Local Complications of Arteriovenous Dialysis Fistulae at a Major Renal Dialysis Center in Khartoum.
Activities & Honors
- Academic awards for highest examination scores in physics, anatomy, physiology, and research methodology.
- Academic scholarships for best overall performances in 1st and 2nd years of medical school.
- Academic awards for graduation thesis and best overall performance in the final M.B.B.S. examinations and degree of honor for Best Overall Performance throughout the years of medical school.
- Recipient of National Institutes of Health-T32 award (Research Grant, 2010), 2010
- First medical student in the history of the University of Medical Sciences and Technology to score a full GPA of 5 out of 5., 2003
- American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS)
- Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance (SCBTMR)
- Sudanese American Medical Association (SAMA)
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
Does Local Recurrence of Prostate Cancer after Radiation Therapy Occur at the Site of Primary Tumor? Results of a Longitudinal MRI and MRSI Study.
Oral , ARRS 2012 , Vancouver, BC, Canada (01/01/2012)