I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Catherine Elizabeth Handy, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Chief of Service, Osler Medical Housestaff Training Program
Expertise: Internal Medicine, Oncology
Research Interests: Calcium deposits; Heart disease; Cancer; Kidney diseases; Lung disease; Cardiovascular diseases
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 North Wolfe Street
Harvey Building, Room 808
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Catherine Handy is an instructor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include internal medicine and oncology. She serves as an assistant chief of service for the Osler Medical Housestaff Training Program.
She received her M.D. and M.P.H. from Johns Hopkins, where she also completed her residency and an oncology fellowship.
- Assistant Chief of Service, Osler Medical Housestaff Training Program
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2012)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2015)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Oncology (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2015)
Research & Publications
Dr. Handy’s research focuses on the relationship between coronary calcium buildup and diseases including cancer, heart disease, kidney disease and lung disease.
Handy CE, Desai CS, Dardari ZA, Al-Mallah MH, Miedema MD, Ouyang P, Budoff MJ, Blumenthal RS, Nasir K, Blaha MJ. "The association of coronary artery calcium with noncardiovascular disease: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis." JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016 May;9(5):568-76. doi: 10.1016/j.jcmg.2015.09.020. Epub 2016 Mar 9.
Activities & Honors
- Blumenthal Award, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2015