I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Suzanne Doyon, M.D., M.D.C.M.
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Research Interests: Substance use disorder; overdose prevention; and poisonings
Suzanne Doyon, M.D., ACEP, FACMT, ABAM, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the Johns Hopkins University.
Dr Doyon is known for her early epidemiological work on cough and cold medications in children and more recently on substance use disorder. She worked on public policy and implementation of the bystander naloxone program in Maryland and was the lead author on a position paper on this topic for the American College of Medical Toxicology, American Academy of Clinical Toxicology and the American Association of Poison Centers. Current pursuits include the increasing access to substance use disorder treatment in Maryland.
Dr Doyon has more than 25 publications in the field of medical toxicology. Her publications have earned two awards for epidemiologic value and technology innovation.
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- MD, McGill University School of Medicine (1987)
- McGill University School of Medicine / Emergency Medicine (1991)
- Hahnemann University Hospital / Medical Toxicology (1993)
- American Board of Addiction Medicine / Addiction Medicine (2015)
- American Board of Emergency Medicine / Emergency Medicine (1994)
- American Board of Emergency Medicine / Medical Toxicology (1997)
Research & Publications
Doyon S, Klein-Schwartz W. Hepatotoxicity despite early administration of intravenous N-Acetylcysteine for acute acetaminophen overdose. Acad Emerg Med 2009; 16(1):34-9.
Lee S, Klein-Schwartz W, Welsh C, Doyon S. Medical outcomes associated with nonmedical use of methaodne and buprenorphine. Am J Emerg Med 2013; 45(2):199-205.
Doyon S, Aks S, Schaeffer S. Expanding access to naloxone in the United States. Clin Toxicol 2014; 52(10): 989-92.
Lee S, Klein-Schwartz W, Doyon S, Welsh C. Comparison of toxicity associated with nonmedical use of benzodiazepines with buprenorphine or methadone. Drug Alcohol Depend 2014; 1: 118-123.
Doyon S, Benton S, Anderson B, Baier M, Haas E, Olsen Y, Rebbert-Franklin K, Welsh C. Incorporaation of poison center services into a statewide overdeose education and naloxone distribution profram. Am J Addictions 2016; 25: 301-6.
Activities & Honors
- Top Prize "Maryland Health Data Innovations" contest 2012, DHMH & Abel Foundation, 2012
- 2011 Ronald D Mann Best Paper Award, Ronald D Mann/Pharmacoepidemiology, 2011