Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Joon-Yi Kang, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Languages: English, Korean
Expertise: Epilepsy, Neurology, Seizure Disorder
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Joon Kang focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of seizures and epilepsy. Dr. Kang has a clinical interest in the pre-surgical evaluation and treatment of patients who have drug resistant epilepsy. Her research interests include minimally invasive epilepsy surgery, continuous electroencephalogram (EEG) monitoring in the intensive care unit (ICU) and status epilepticus.
Dr. Kang received her bachelor degree from University of Pennsylvania and went on to receive her medical degree from Drexel College of Medicine. After internship at Pennsylvania Hospital, she completed residency and fellowship training in clinical neurophysiology and epilepsy at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. She is board certified in neurology.
Dr. Kang currently sees patients at The Johns Hopkins outpatient center on Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
- MD, Drexel University College of Medicine (2009)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital / Neurology (2013)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital / Clinical Neurophysiology (2014)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital / Epilepsy (2015)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Clinical Neurophysiology (2015, 2017)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Neurology-General (2013, 2017)
Activities & Honors
- American Academy of Neurology, 2010
- American Epilepsy Society, 2013
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
Minimally invasive procedure to treat drug-resistant epilepsy Arab Health 2/2/2016