Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Richard D Newman, M.D.
Dr. Richard D. Newman is the chairman of radiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital and is affiliated with Suburban Hospital as well. Dr. Newman is board certified in diagnostic radiology and practices out of Drs. Groover, Christie and Merritt, located in Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C., Rockville, Md. and Bethesda, Md.
Dr. Newman has an expertise in computed tomography and positron emission tomography.
Dr. Newman earned his medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine. He completed an internship in internal medicine and a residency in anesthesiology at Yale New Haven Hospital, as well as a residency in diagnostic radiology at the Hospital of St. Raphael. Dr. Newman also completed a fellowship at the National Institutes of Health.
Dr. Newman has been named a Top MD by Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine. He is a member of the American College of Radiology, the D.C. Chapter of the American College of Radiology and the American Roentgen Ray Society.
Departments / Divisions
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine (1975)
- Yale New Haven Hospital / Internal Medicine (1976)
- Yale New Haven Hospital / Anesthesiology (1977)
- Hospital of St Raphael / Radiology (1980)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (1980)