I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jed Thomas Wolpaw, M.D., M.Ed.
Residency Program Director
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine
Research Interests: Medical education; Resident well-being; Patient safety; Quality of care; ICU
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Ave
Department of Anesthesiology, A3W
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St.
The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children's Center Building, Suite 6216
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Jed Wolpaw is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include anesthesiology and adult critical care. Dr. Wolpaw serves as the residency program director and co-leads the anesthesiology and ICU medical student clerkships.
He earned a master’s degree in education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and his M.D. from the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine. He completed his residency in anesthesiology at UCSF and his fellowship in critical care medicine at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Wolpaw’s research interests include medical education, resident well-being, and patient safety and quality of care in the ICU.
- Residency Program Director
- Co-Director, ACCM Clerkship for Medical Students
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- MD, University of California San Francisco (2010)
- University of California San Francisco / Anesthesiology (2014)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Critical Care Medicine (2015)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2015)