Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Brian Gregory Johnson, M.D.
Chief, Interventional Radiology, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Expertise: Angiography, Angioplasty, Aortic Dissections, Aortic Stent-Grafts/Endografts, Arterial Aneurysm, Arterial Occlusive Disease, Arteriovenous Fistulas (AVF), Back Pain, Bone Tumors, Cryoablation, CT Angiography, Dialysis Access, Endovascular Interventions, Endovascular Stent Grafts, Epidural Injections, Fibroids, Hepatobilary Interventions, Image-Guided Biopsies, Interventional Oncology, Interventional Pain Management, Intra-arterial Therapies (IAT), IVC Filter Placement, IVC Filter Retrievals, Joint Injections, Liver Cancer, Liver Tumors, Lower Extremity Angioplasty, Lower Extremity Stenting, Magnetic Resonance Angiography, Microwave Ablation, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Pulmonary Embolism, Radiofrequency Ablation for Lung, Liver, Kidney and Bone Lesions, Radiofrequency Ablation for Pain Control, Renal Vascular Disease, Stroke, Trans-Radial Intervention, Varicocele, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Venous Disease, Visceral Angioplasty, Visceral Stenting ...read more
Request an Appointment
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Sibley Memorial Hospital
Appointment Phone: 202-537-4795
5255 Loughboro Road NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Appointment Phone: 301-896-3202
8600 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814 map
Johns Hopkins University
Appointment Phone: 410-614-2648
2024 East Monument Street
Baltimore, MD 21205 map
Dr. Brian G. Johnson is the chief of interventional radiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital’s Hepatology Multidisciplinary Center. He is board certified in diagnostic radiology and vascular and interventional radiology. Dr. Johnson practices out of Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C., and is also affiliated with Suburban Hospital.
Dr. Johnson earned his undergraduate degree from University of Minnesota and his medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, as well as a residency in diagnostic radiology at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Dr. Johnson also completed an interventional radiology fellowship at Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Johnson has been repeatedly named a Top Doctor by Washingtonian Magazine, as well as a Top MD by Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine. He is a member of the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the Society of Interventional Radiology and the Chesapeake Interventional Radiology Society.
- Chief, Interventional Radiology, Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Clinical Associate, Johns Hopkins National Capital Region Interventional Radiology
Departments / Divisions
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Radiology at Suburban Hospital
- Radiology and Radiological Science
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1995)
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore / Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (1997)
- University of Maryland Medical Center / Radiology (2001)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Interventional Radiology (2002)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (2001)
- American Board of Radiology / Vascular & Interventional Radiology (2003, 2017)
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology (2001, 2016)
- CAQ Vascular and Interventional Radiology, American Board of Radiology (2003, 2016)
Research & Publications
Neuromodulatory effect of the atrial natriuretic factor clearance receptor binding peptide, cANF(4-23)-NH2 in the rabbit isolated vas deferentia, Johnson BG, Trachte GJ, Drewett JG, J Pharm & Exp Ther - 1/1/1991
Percutaneous Management of Renal and Renal-Pancreas Transplant Recipients Using CT Fluoroscopy: A Two Year Experience. Krebs TL, Johnson BG, Daly BD, Wong-You-Chong JJ, Bartlett ST, Radiological Society of North America Meeting, Chicago, IL - 1/29/1998
The role of anticoagulation in the setting of a tethered vena cava filter in the swine animal model. Johnson BG, Reichle RL, Venbrux AC, Samphilipo MA, Magee CA, Anderson JH, Osterman FA, Society for Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Annual Meeting, Fort Lauderdale, FL - 1/1/1995
The hexagonal cell nitinol intravascular stent: a comparison of the effects of varying the stent wire gauge on the aorta and inferior vena cava in the swine animal model. Kuo J, Johnson BG, Venbrux AC, Olson JL, Samphilipo MA, Magee CA, Kobelja MA, Anderson JH, Osterman FA, American Roentgen Ray Society Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA - 1/24/1994
Activities & Honors
- Washingtonian Top Doctor, Washingtonian Magazine, 2003 - 2016
- Top Physician, Consumers' Checkbook, 2003 - 2016
- Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Radiology Society of North America (RSNA)