Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Sami Alasfar, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Instructor of Medicine
Languages: English, Arabic
Contact for Research Inquiries
Johns Hopkins University Hospital
600 N. Wofle Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Sami Alasfar is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include nephrology and renal transplantation.
Dr. Alasfar earned his M.D. from the University of Damascus. He completed his residency at Temple University Hospital. He was elected as a chief resident in Temple Internal Medicine. He performed a fellowship in nephrology at Johns Hopkins. He also did a fellowship in renal transplantation at Johns Hopkins.
- Instructor of Medicine
- MD, University of Damascus (2008)
- Temple University Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2012)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Nephrology (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Nephrology (2015)
Activities & Honors
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Transplantation