Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Poonum Satish Korpe, M.D.
Expertise: Infectious Diseases
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0100
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Poonum S. Korpe is a faculty member at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Her area of clinical expertise is infectious diseases.
Dr. Korpe earned her M.D. at Eastern Virginia Medical School. She completed her residency and performed a fellowship in infectious diseases at University of Virginia Health System.
She is currently investigating the natural history of cryptosporidiosis in Bangladeshi children as a way to better understand human immune responses to the infection.
- MD, Eastern Virginia Medical School (2008)
- University of Virginia Health System / Internal Medicine (2011)
- University of Virginia Health System / Infectious Diseases (2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease (2014)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2011)