Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Steven A Burka, M.D.
Expertise: Internal Medicine, Nephrology
Dr. Steven A. Burka is a nephrologist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital. Dr. Burka is certified in internal medicine and nephrology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He has a private practice in Chevy Chase, Md.
Dr. Burka earned his medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center, followed by residencies in nephrology at Bellevue Hospital Center and New York University Medical Center.
Dr. Burka was named a Top Doctor in the Washington, D.C. and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly in 2012.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine (1976)
- Beth Israel Medical Center - North Division / Internal Medicine (1979)
- Bellevue Hospital Center / Nephrology (1980)
- New York University Medical Center / Nephrology (1981)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1979)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Nephrology (1982)