Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Richard J Beckerman, M.D.
Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Languages: English, English
Expertise: Gynecology, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Obstetrics, Women's Health
Foxhall OBGYN Associates PC
Appointment Phone: 202-244-3523
5215 Loughboro Rd NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Dr. Richard J. Beckerman is the chairman of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Before this position, he served as the department’s vice chairman for nine years.
His general expertise is in obstetrics and gynecology, in addition to critical care medicine, anesthesiology, women’s health and minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Beckerman earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin. He earned his Masters in Physiology at Georgetown University, where he also earned his medical degree. Dr. Beckerman completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at George Washington University Hospital.
Dr. Beckerman is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. He was named a Top MD by Consumers Checkbook and Most Compassionate Doctor by the American Registry.
- Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Departments / Divisions
- Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (1986)
- George Washington University Hospital / Obstetrics & Gynecology (1990)
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology / Obstetrics And Gynecology (1992, 2016)