Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Joshua Shigeru Yamamoto, M.D.
Appointment Phone: 202-243-0271
3301 New Mexico Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Dr. Joshua S. Yamamoto is a cardiologist affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital and Georgetown University Hospital. Dr. Yamamoto is certified in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He practices out of Foxhall Medicine in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Yamamoto earned his undergraduate degree from Princeton University and his medical degree from Dartmouth Medical School. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Johns Hopkins Health System, followed by a fellowship in cardiology at Georgetown University Hospital and a fellowship in cardiovascular disease at National Naval Medical Center. Dr. Yamamoto went on to serve in the United States Navy for eight years. During this time, he served as the director of cardiac imaging at Bethesda Naval Hospital, the cardiology consultant for the attending physician to Congress, the head of cardiology training and supported cardiac needs in the war zone of Kuwait in 2005.
Dr. Yamamoto is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Yamamoto has been named a Top MD by Consumers’ Checkbook Magazine and a 2012 Top Doctor in the Washington, D.C. and Washington-Baltimore areas by Castle Connolly.
Departments / Divisions
- Medicine at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Dartmouth Medical School (1994)
- Johns Hopkins Health System/Intrastaff / Internal Medicine (1997)
- Georgetown University Hospital / Cardiology (2002)
- National Naval Medical Center / Cardiovascular Disease (2002)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (2002)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1997)