Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Sonali Bose, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Bengali, French, Hindi, Urdu
Expertise: Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
Research Interests: Vitamin D deficiency; Environmental pollutants
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
1830 E. Monument Street
1830 Building 5th Floor Pulmonary
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Sonali Bose is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include pulmonary disease, critical care medicine, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Dr. Bose earned her M.D. at Harvard Medical School. She completed her residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center and performed a fellowship in pulmonary diseases at Johns Hopkins.
Her research interests include vitamin D deficiency and environmental pollutants. She collaborates with asthma investigators in the Environmental Microbiology Laboratory of Dr. Meghan F. Davis.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, Harvard Medical School (2004)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2008)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pulmonary Diseases (2012)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2007)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Pulmonary Disease (2012)
- Pending/Scheduled / Critical Care Medicine
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Bustamante S, Bose S, Bishop P, Klatte R, Norris F. Novel Application of Rapid Prototyping for Simulation of Bronchoscopic Anatomy. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2013 Dec 12. pii: S1053-0770(13)00492-8. doi: 10.1053/j.jvca.2013.08.015. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24332921
- Chester FM, Rowe C, Ujiie K, Kirkpatrick J, Regalla C, Remitti F, Moore JC, Toy V, Wolfson-Schwehr M, Bose S, Kameda J, Mori JJ, Brodsky EE, Eguchi N, Toczko S; Expedition 343 and 343T Scientists. Structure and composition of the plate-boundary slip zone for the 2011 Tohoku-Oki earthquake. Science. 2013 Dec 6;342(6163):1208-11. doi: 10.1126/science.1243719. PMID: 24311682
- Bose S, Guyer A, Long A, Banerji A. Evaluation and management of hypersensitivity to proton pump inhibitors. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2013 Dec;111(6):452-7. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2013.08.022. Epub 2013 Sep 18. PMID: 24267357
- Roy M, Fielding G, Bandyopadhyay A, Bose S. Effects of Zinc and Strontium Substitution in Tricalcium Phosphate on Osteoclast Differentiation and Resorption. Biomater Sci. 2013 Jan;1(1). doi: 10.1039/C2BM00012A. PMID: 24244866
- Scala M, Kim MS, Morley GW, Barker PF, Bose S. Matter-wave interferometry of a levitated thermal nano-oscillator induced and probed by a spin. Phys Rev Lett. 2013 Nov 1;111(18):180403. Epub 2013 Oct 29. PMID: 24237492
- Durkan B, Bresee C, Bose S, Phillips EH, Dang CM. Paget's disease of the nipple with parenchymal ductal carcinoma in situ is associated with worse prognosis than Paget's disease alone. Am Surg. 2013 Oct;79(10):1009-12. PMID: 24160789
- Cader FZ, Vockerodt M, Bose S, Nagy E, Brundler MA, Kearns P, Murray PG. The EBV oncogene LMP1 protects lymphoma cells from cell death through the collagen-mediated activation of DDR1. Blood. 2013 Oct 17. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24136166
- Dabiri JO, Bose S, Gemmell BJ, Colin SP, Costello JH. An algorithm to estimate unsteady and quasi-steady pressure fields from velocity field measurements. J Exp Biol. 2013 Oct 10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gurung N, Ray S, Bose S, Rai V. A broader view: microbial enzymes and their relevance in industries, medicine, and beyond. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:329121. doi: 10.1155/2013/329121. Epub 2013 Sep 11. PMID: 24106701 [PubMed - in process]
- Balla VK, Das M, Bose S, Ram GD, Manna I. Laser surface modification of 316 L stainless steel with bioactive hydroxyapatite. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Dec 1;33(8):4594-8. doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2013.07.015. Epub 2013 Jul 19. PMID: 24094165