Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Rab Razzak, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Abdul Rab Razzak, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Director, Outpatient Palliative Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medicine
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Hospitalist
Research Interests: Outpatient palliative care models; primary palliative care; symptom management; and self-care
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Abdul Razzak is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include hospice and palliative medicine. Dr. Razzak serves as the director of outpatient palliative medicine at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Razzak received his M.B.B.S. from Bangladesh Medical College. He completed his residency at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. Dr. Razzak joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2014.
He is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, the American College of Physicians and the American Academy on Communication in Healthcare.
- Director, Outpatient Palliative Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Medical Director, Palliative Care, Johns Hopkins Medicine for Alliance of Patients (JMAP)
- Director, Palliative Care, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare (JHAH)
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MBBS, Bangladesh Medical College (2000)
- St Joseph's Regional Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2005)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Hospice and Palliative Care (2012, 2022)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2006, 2016)
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Courses and Syllabi
Palliative Care and Pain Clinical Elective
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Activities & Honors
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM)
- American College of Phyisicians (ACP)
- American Academy on Communication in Healthcare (AACH)
- Doctors for America (DFA)
Videos & Media
Lectures and Presentations
How to Give Bad News
Discussion Panel and Role Playing (02/09/2016)
Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD