Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Deepa Kattail, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine, Pediatric Anesthesia
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Deepa Kattail is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She specializes in pediatric anesthesiology.
Dr. Kattail holds an M.D. from Kasturba Medical College in Manipal, India. After an internship in the Department of Surgery at St. John Hospital and Medical Center in Detroit, she completed a residency in anesthesiology at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. She conducted a clinical fellowship in pediatric anesthesiology at the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center, and joined the Johns Hopkins faculty thereafter.
She is a member of American Society of Anesthesiology Society for Pediatric Anesthesia Maryland Society of Anesthesiologists Society for Pediatric Pain Medicine. Dr. Kattail was recognized with a mentoring award from the American Society of Anesthesiology. She is board certified in anesthesiology.
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Kasturba Medical College (2006)
- Rush University Medical Center - GME / Anesthesiology (2012)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pediatric Anesthesiology (2013)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2014)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Pediatric Anesthesiology (2014)
Research & Publications
- Kattail D, Furlan JC, Fehlings MG. "Epidemiology and clinical outcomes of acute spine trauma and spinal cord injury: Experience from a specialized spine trauma center in Canada in comparison with a large national registry." Journal of Trauma. 2009 Nov; 67 (5): 936-943
- Furlan JC, Kattail D, Fehlings MG. "The impact of co-morbidities on age-related differences in mortality after acute traumatic spinal cord injury." Journal of Neurotrauma. 2009 Aug: 26 (8): 1361-7.
- Sugimura H, Spratt EH, Compeau CG, Kattail D, Shargall Y. "Thoracoscopic sympathetic clipping for hyperhidrosis: long-term results and reversibility." Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2009 Jun; 137(6): 1370-6; discussion 1376-7.
Activities & Honors
- Second place Critical Care session, Midwest Anesthesia Residents Conference, 2012
- Mentoring Award, American Society of Anesthesiology, 2011
- The Wyeth Award for Best Clinical Epidemiology or Education Based Research Poster, University of Toronto, 2008
- American Society of Anesthesiology, 2009
- Maryland Society of Anesthesiologists, 2013
- Society for Pediatric Anesthesia, 2012
- Society for Pediatric Pain Medicine, 2013