Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Michael Peter Siegenthaler, M.D.
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Latin, Spanish
Expertise: Abdominal Aneurysms, Aneurysms, Angiography, Aortic Aneurysms, Aortic Dissections, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Chest Pain, Endovascular Stent Grafts, Heart Failure, Mitral Valve Repair, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Valvular Heart Disease ...read more
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians at Suburban Hospital
Appointment Phone: 301-896-7610
8600 Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814 map
Michael Siegenthaler, M.D. is a surgeon at Johns Hopkins Community Physicians. He specializes in cardiac surgery. Dr. Siegenthaler operates a clinical practice out of the Cardiothoracic and Vascular Clinic at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland.
Dr. Siegenthaler completed his fellowship in vascular and endovascular surgery at Albert-Ludwigs Universitaet Freiburg in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany. He also completed residencies in surgery at University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, Connecticut, and thoracic surgery at Texas Heart Institute at St Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, Texas. He received his medical degree from University of Bern in Bern, Switzerland. Dr. Siegenthaler is board certified in surgery and thoracic surgery. He is fluent in English, Latin, Italian, Spanish, French and German.
Dr. Siegenthaler was recognized as one of the area’s “Top Doctors” in cardiac surgery by Washingtonian magazine.
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- University of Bern (1991)
- University of Connecticut Health Center / Surgery (1998)
- Texas Heart Institute at St Lukes Episcopal Hospital / Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (2000)
- University of Connecticut Health Center / Internal Medicine (1992)
- Albert-Ludwigs Universitaet Freiburg / Vascular Surgery (2003)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery- General (1999, 2009)
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery / Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery (2001, 2010)