Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Elizabeth Wagner, Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Research Interests: Airway vascular responses to lung distension; Angiogenesis in the lung; Bronchial vascular proliferation and function
Dr. Elizabeth M. Wagner is Professor of Medicine and Environmental Health Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University and has been a faculty member within the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine since 1986. Her research interests have focused on angiogenesis in the lung, airway vascular biology, leukocyte recruitment, bronchial circulation, vascular remodeling, and lung ischemia. She has served on several editorial boards and has been a peer-reviewer for a variety of lung and circulatory journals. She has been active in the American Thoracic Society at both the national and local levels. Dr. Wagner has enjoyed continuous funding from NHLBI throughout her research career.
- Professor of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD; Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Schmieder AH, Wang K, Zhang H, Senpan A, Pan D, Keupp J, Caruthers SD, Wickline SA, Shen B, Wagner EM, Lanza GM. Characterization of early neovascular response to acute lung ischemia using simultaneous (19)F/ (1)H MR molecular imaging. Angiogenesis. 2014 Jan;17(1):51-60. doi: 10.1007/s10456-013-9377-2. Epub 2013 Aug 6. PMID: 23918207
- Perino MG, Moldobaeva A, Jenkins J, Wagner EM. Chemokine localization in bronchial angiogenesis. PLoS One. 2013 Jun 11;8(6):e66432. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0066432. Print 2013. PMID: 23776670
- Tankersley CG, Moldobaeva A, Wagner EM. Strain variation in response to lung ischemia: role of MMP-12. Respir Res. 2012 Oct 12;13:93. doi: 10.1186/1465-9921-13-93. PMID: 23061826
- Eldridge L, Moldobaeva A, Wagner EM. Increased hyaluronan fragmentation during pulmonary ischemia. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2011 Nov;301(5):L782-8. doi: 10.1152/ajplung.00079.2011. Epub 2011 Aug 5. PMID: 21821727
- Wagner EM, Jenkins J, Perino MG, Sukkar A, Mitzner W. Lung and vascular function during chronic severe pulmonary ischemia. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2011 Feb;110(2):538-44. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.01308.2010. Epub 2010 Dec 9. PMID: 21148340