Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Greg Michael Osgood, M.D.
Chief, Orthopaedic Trauma, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Femoral Fractures, Hip Conditions, Hip Dislocations, Hip Fractures, Lower Extremity Trauma, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Pelvic Reconstruction, Trauma and Post Traumatic Reconstruction, Trauma Surgery ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
Appointment Phone: 443-997-2663
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Greg Osgood is an assistant professor of orthopaedic surgery at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Chief of Orthopaedic Trauma for the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. His areas of expertise include orthopaedic trauma, with a special focus on fracture non-unions, pelvis and acetabular injuries, and fractures and surgical infections.
Dr. Osgood’s undergraduate degree is from Harvard University. He completed medical school at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York. Dr. Osgood began his orthopaedic residency training with the United States Air Force and completed this training at New York Orthopaedic Hospital at the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. In 2005, he completed an Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. He joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2010 as the organization''s first orthopaedic trauma faculty member.
Dr. Osgood’s interests in orthopaedic trauma care include fracture non-unions, pelvis and acetabular injuries, routine fractures and surgical infections.
Dr. Osgood is a former major in the United States Air Force. He completed several combat deployments, providing orthopaedic trauma care to our military. Dr. Osgood is actively involved in numerous professional organizations, including being the associate editor of the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, a member of the AO North America Teaching Faculty, a member of the Education Committee of the Osteosynthesis and Trauma Care Foundation, Orthopaedic Trauma Association Military Committee, and the director of the Humanitarian Program of the Osteosynthesis and Trauma Care Foundation.
- Chief, Orthopaedic Trauma, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Trauma Surgery
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons (1996)
- Presbyterian Hospital /Columbia University Medical Center / Orthopaedic Surgery (2004)
- Harborview Medical Center / Orthopaedic Surgery (2005)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery / Orthopaedic Surgery (2007)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Higgins LJ, Alluwaimi F, Osgood G, Wang K, Carrino JA. "Avoiding miscommunication in acute musculoskeletal trauma cases: use of standardized reporting and classification schemes." Semin Musculoskelet Radiol. 2013 Sep;17(4):341-58. doi: 10.1055/s-0033-1356464.
- Wu C, Cipriano J, Osgood G Jr, Tepper D, Siddiqui A. "Human acellular dermal matrix (AlloDerm®) dimensional changes and stretching in tissue expander/implant breast reconstruction." J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2013 Oct;66(10):1376-81. doi: 10.1016/j.bjps.2013.05.018.
- Golden RD, Kim H, Watson JD, Oliphant BW, Doro C, Hsieh AH, Osgood GM, O'Toole RV. "How much vertical displacement of the symphysis indicates instability after pelvic injury?" J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013 Feb;74(2):585-9. doi: 10.1097/TA.0b013e31827d60f8.
- Oʼtoole RV, Dancy L, Dietz AR, Pollak AN, Johnson AJ, Osgood G, Nascone JW, Sciadini MF, Castillo RC. "Diagnosis of femoral neck fracture associated with femoral shaft fracture: blinded comparison of computed tomography and plain radiography." J Orthop Trauma. 2013 Jun;27(6):325-30. doi: 10.1097/BOT.0b013e318271b6c8.
- Osgood GM, Manson TT, O'Toole RV, Turen CH. "Combined pelvic ring disruption and acetabular fracture: associated injury patterns in 40 patients." J Orthop Trauma. 2013 May;27(5):243-7. doi: 10.1097/BOT.0b013e31826c2751.
Activities & Honors
- AO North America
- Orthopaedic Trauma Assoc
- Osteosynthesis & Trauma Foundation
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons