Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Nikhil Bhagat, M.D.
Expertise: Claudication, Intermittent Claudication, Interventional Radiology, Lower Extremity Angioplasty, Lower Extremity Stenting, Stenting, Varicocele, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Visceral Angioplasty, Visceral Stenting ...read more
Dr. Bhagat successfully completed his Vascular and Interventional Radiology fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco in 2009. He joined the staff as a Assistant Professor of Radiology and Surgery at the Johns Hopkins University Medical Center. While there, he authored more than 5 book chapters and 20 peer reviewed manuscripts. He gave many lectures at national and international meetings. He received a NIH R01 grant in his second year at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Bhagat left JHU for 3 years and now has come back to Suburban and Sibley Hospitals as the director of Vascular and Interventional Radiology of the National Capital Region.
His primary areas of clinical expertise are interventional oncology (chemoembolization, radioembolization, and ablation), women's interventions, and vascular interventions (venous and arterial).
His research interests include interventional oncology, especially device development and software assistance for complex procedures.
Departments / Divisions
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Radiology at Suburban Hospital
- Radiology and Radiological Science
- MD, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School -Rutgers (2003)
- University Hospital/Rutgers / Diagnostic Radiology (2008)
- University of California - San Francisco / Vascular and Interventional Radiology (2009)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (2008, 2018)
- American Board of Radiology / Vascular & Interventional Radiology (2010, 2020)