Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Christopher Mark Marano, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Alzheimer's Disease (AD), Dementia, Depression, Geriatric Psychiatry, Memory Disorders, Neuropsychiatry
Research Interests: Evaluation and management of behavioral disturbances in dementia; Late-life depression and the relationship between depression and dementia ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-6337
4940 Eastern Avenue
5300 Alpha Commons Drive
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine (2000)
- University of Maryland Medical Center / Psychiatry (2004)
- University of Maryland Medical Center / Geriatric Psychiatry (2006)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Geriatric Psychiatry (2008)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry-General (2005, 2016)
Research & Publications
- Regenold WT, Thapar RK, Marano C, Gavirneni S, Kondapavuluru PV. Increased prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus among psychiatric inpatients with bipolar 1 affective and schizoaffective disorders. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2002; 70(1):19-26.
- Marano CM, Phatak P, Vemulapalli UR, Sasan A, Nalbandyan MR, Ramanujam S, Soekadar S, Demosthenous M, Regenold WT. Increased plasma concentration of brain-derived neurotrophic factor with electroconvulsive therapy: a pilot study in patients with major depression. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2007; 68(4):512-7.
- Regenold WT, Phatak P, Marano CM, Gearhart L, Viens CH, Shapiro PC, Hisley CK.Myelin staining of deep white matter in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and unipolar major depression. Psychiatry Research. 2007; 151(3):179-88.
- Regenold WT, Hisley KC, Phatak P, Marano CM, Obuchowski A,Lefkowitz DM, Sassan A, Ohri S, Phillips TL, Dosanjh N, Conley RR, and Gullapalli R. Relationship of cerebrospinal fluid glucose metabolites to MRI deep white matter hyperintensities and treatment resistance in bipolar disorder patients. Bipolar Disorders. 2008; 10(7):753-64.