Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
John Dana Coulson, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Languages: English, Russian, Spanish
Expertise: Pediatric Cardiology
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5910
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians - Odenton
Appointment Phone: 410-874-1400
1132 Annapolis Road
Odenton, MD 21113 map
Dr. John D. Coulson is an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His area of clinical expertise is pediatric cardiology.
He earned his M.D. at University of Michigan Medical School. He completed his medical training and a pediatrics residency at Stanford University Medical Center before training in naval flight surgery at the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute. He then completed fellowships in pediatric cardiology and developmental biology at Stanford.
He also served as a medical officer for the U.S. Navy for nine years.
Dr. Coulson was an honorary member of the Russian Scientific Society of Interventional Radiology and Endovascular Surgery in 2001. He has published a number of journal articles and co-authored several book chapters related to pediatric cardiology.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School (1973)
- Stanford University School of Medicine / Pediatrics (1976)
- Stanford University School of Medicine / Pediatric Cardiology (1981)
- Stanford University School of Medicine / Developmental Biology (1982)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatric Cardiology (1985)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (1981)
Activities & Honors
- Honorary Member, Russian Scientific Society of Interventional Radiology and Endovascular Surgery, 2001
- Surgeon General’s Award, Naval Aerospace Medical Institute, 1977