Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Stephen Joseph Meltzer, M.D.
Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, French, German
Expertise: Abdominal Pain, Barrett's Esophagus, Bloating, Burping, Belching, Celiac Disease, Chest Pain, Clinical Gastroenterology, Digestive Diseases, Diverticulitis, Eosinophilic Esophagitis, Gallbladder Disorders, Gallstones, Gas, Gastroenterology, Heartburn, Hiccups, Hoarseness, Indigestion, Malabsorption, Rectal Bleeding, Reflux and Burning, Stomach Pain, Stomach Ulcer, Swallowing Disorders, Weight Loss ...read more
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-933-7495
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Special Interests: Gastrointestinal cancer and precancer biomarker discover, development and validation; genomics, epigenomics and bioinformatics, early detection of cancer, outcomes research in cancer and precancer, risk stratification prediction in cancer and precancer. Barrett's esophagus, inflammatory bowel disease-associated cancer, liver cancer, gastric cancer
- Professor of Medicine
- Professor of Oncology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine (1979)
- University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (1982)
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center / Gastroenterology (1984)
- Lenox Hill Hospital / Gastroenterology (1985)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (1985)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1982)
Research & Publications
Lab Website: GI Biomarkers Laboratory
Videos & Media
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
Trouble on Line-1, Inside Tract (Winter 2016)