Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Aliaksei Pustavoitau, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Languages: English, Belarussian, Russian
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Transplant Surgery
Research Interests: Models and mechanisms of impaired consciousness in patients with acute brain injury
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-9080
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Aliaksei Pustavoitau is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include anesthesiology and transplant surgery.
Dr. Pustavoitau received his medical degree from the Belarussian State Medical Institute. He completed a residency in anesthesiology at Detroit Medical Center and performed a fellowship in anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
His research interests include models and mechanisms of impaired consciousness in patients with acute brain injury.
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Belarussian State Medical Institute (2000)
- Detroit Medical Center / Anesthesiology (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine (2007)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology (2007, 2017)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Critical Care Medicine (2008, 2018)
Research & Publications
The focus of Dr. Aliaskei Pustavoitau’s research is on models and mechanisms of impaired consciousness in patients with acute brain injury.
- Su E, Pustavoitau A, Hirshberg EL, Nishisaki A, Conlon T, Kantor DB, Weber MD, Godshall AJ, Burzynski JH, Thompson AE. "Establishing intensivist-driven ultrasound at the PICU bedside-It's about time." Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2014 Jun 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Latif A, Rawat N, Pustavoitau A, Pronovost PJ, Pham JC. "National study on the distribution, causes, and consequences of voluntarily reported medication errors between the ICU and non-ICU settings." Crit Care Med. 2013 Feb;41(2):389-98. doi: 10.1097/CCM.0b013e318274156a.
- Pauldine R, Pustavoitau A. "Case report: vancomycin-induced thrombocytopenia in a burn patient." Eplasty. 2008;8:e39.
- Pustavoitau A, Stevens RD. "Mechanisms of neurologic failure in critical illness." Crit Care Clin. 2008 Jan;24(1):1-24, vii. doi: 10.1016/j.ccc.2007.11.004.
- Berenholtz SM, Pustavoitau A, Schwartz SJ, Pronovost PJ. "How safe is my intensive care unit? Methods for monitoring and measurement." Curr Opin Crit Care. 2007 Dec;13(6):703-8.