Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Julius Birnbaum, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 443-997-1552
301 Mason Lord Drive
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Julius Birnbaum graduated magna cum laude from Princeton University and received his M.D. from Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons. He completed his Residency in Neurology at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, a Residency in Internal Medicine at Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, NY, and a Rheumatology Fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He earned his Masters in Clinical Investigation at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Dr. Birnbaum is the only physician in this country who is board-certified in Neurology, Internal Medicine, and Rheumatology. His clinical and research interests pertain to the neurological complications of rheumatic syndromes, with a focus on Sjögren’s Syndrome.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surg (1998)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center / Neurology (2003)
- Jacobi Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2005)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Rheumatology (2008)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Rheumatology (2008, 2018)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Neurology (2008, 2018)