I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Christopher David Gocke, M.D.
Associate Professor of Pathology
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-8363
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Christopher David Gocke is an associate professor of pathology and oncology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He serves as director of the Molecular Pathology Division, director of Hematology Molecular Diagnostics, and associate director of the Molecular Diagnostics Lab.
He received his M.D. in 1985 at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School of Rutgers University. He performed a residency in pathology at the University of Rochester Medical Center and a residency in pathology at Stanford University. He completed a fellowship in pathology at Stanford University.
Dr. Gocke has authored or co-authored numerous peer-reviewed publications. He is board certified in molecular genetic pathology and anatomic pathology.
- Associate Professor of Pathology
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- MD, Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (1985)
- University of Rochester Medical Center / Pathology (1987)
- Stanford University School of Medicine / Pathology (1991)
- American Board of Pathology / Anatomic Pathology (1991)
- American Board of Pathology / Molecular Genetic Pathology (2005)
Research & Publications
Dr. Gocke's lab develops new approaches to genetic analysis. Current projects include a universal method for translocation detection and a long-range haplotyping assay. Dr. Gocke is also exploring high-throughput identification of alternative splicing of mRNA.
Core Facility: SKCCC Cytogenetics
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- McCall CM, Mosier S, Thiess M, Debeljak M, Pallavajjala A, Beierl K, Deak KL, Datto MB, Gocke CD, Lin MT, Eshleman JR. "False Positives in Multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction-Based Next-Generation Sequencing Have Unique Signatures." J Mol Diagn. 2014 Jul 10. pii: S1525-1578(14)00110-X. doi: 10.1016/j.jmoldx.2014.06.001. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 25017478.
- Jara SM, Bhatnagar R, Guan H, Gocke CD, Ali SZ, Tufano RP. "The utility of BRAF mutation detection in fine-needle aspiration biopsy samples read as ‘suspicious for papillary thyroid carcinoma'." Head Neck. 2014 Jul 3. doi: 10.1002/hed.23829. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 24989827.
- Lin MT, Mosier SL, Thiess M, Beierl KF, Debeljak M, Tseng LH, Chen G, Yegnasubramanian S, Ho H, Cope L, Wheelan SJ, Gocke CD, Eshleman JR. "Clinical validation of KRAS, BRAF, and EGFR mutation detection using next-generation sequencing." Am J Clin Pathol. 2014 Jun;141(6):856-66. doi: 10.1309/AJCPMWGWGO34EGOD. PubMed PMID: 24838331.
- Ho CY, Mosier S, Safneck J, Salomao DR, Miller NR, Eberhart CG, Gocke CD, Batista DA, Rodriguez FJ. "Genetic Profiling by Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism-Based Array Analysis Defines Three Distinct Subtypes of Orbital Meningioma." Brain Pathol. 2014 Apr 28. doi: 10.1111/bpa.12150. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 24773246.
- Zeidner JF, Zahurak M, Rosner GL, Gocke CD, Jones RJ, Smith BD. "The evolution of treatment strategies for patients with chronic myeloid leukemia relapsing after allogeneic bone marrow transplant: can tyrosine kinase inhibitors replace donor lymphocyte infusions?" Leuk Lymphoma. 2014 Jun 16:1-7. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 24712979.