Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Christopher David Gocke, M.D.
Associate Professor of Pathology
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe St.
Park SB 202
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Christopher David Gocke is an associate professor of pathology and oncology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He serves as director of the Molecular Pathology Division, director of Hematology Molecular Diagnostics, and associate director of the Molecular Diagnostics Lab.
He received his M.D. in 1985 at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School of Rutgers University. He performed a residency in pathology at the University of Rochester Medical Center and a residency in pathology at Stanford University. He completed a fellowship in pathology at Stanford University.
Dr. Gocke has authored or co-authored numerous peer-reviewed publications. He is board certified in molecular genetic pathology and anatomic pathology.
- Associate Professor of Pathology
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- MD, Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (1985)
- University of Rochester Medical Center / Pathology (1987)
- Stanford University School of Medicine / Pathology (1991)
- American Board of Pathology / Anatomic Pathology (1991)
- American Board of Pathology / Molecular Genetic Pathology (2005)
Research & Publications
Dr. Gocke's lab develops new approaches to genetic analysis. Current projects include a universal method for translocation detection and a long-range haplotyping assay. Dr. Gocke is also exploring high-throughput identification of alternative splicing of mRNA.
Core Facility: SKCCC Cytogenetics Oncology Tissue