I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Janis Marie Taube, M.D., M.Sc.
Director, Division of Dermatopathology
Associate Professor of Dermatology
Expertise: Dermatopathology, Pathology
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower Suite 907
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Janis Taube is an Associate Professor of dermatology and pathology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her area of clinical expertise is dermatopathology. Dr. Taube serves as the Director of the Division of Dermatopathology and as the Assistant Director of the Dermatoimmunology Laboratory at the School of Medicine.
Dr. Taube received her undergraduate degree in engineering from Duke University. She earned her M.D. from Tulane University and her M.Sc. in molecular medicine from University College London. She completed her residency in pathology at Johns Hopkins where she also served as the chief resident, before undertaking a dermatopathology fellowship at Stanford University. In 2009, Dr. Taube returned to Johns Hopkins for her certification in the Melanoma Clinic.
She is one of the lead scientific researchers in the Department of Dermatology at Johns Hopkins. Her research is related to the study of the B7-H1 molecule. Dr. Taube and her team are seeking to identify the signaling mechanisms behind B7-H1 expression.
She is a member of the College of American Pathologists, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, American Society of Dermatopathology and Dermatology Foundation.
- Director, Division of Dermatopathology
- Assistant Director, Dermatoimmunology Laboratory
- Associate Professor of Dermatology
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- Associate Professor of Pathology
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine (2004)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pathology (2008)
- Stanford University School of Medicine / Dermatopathology (2009)
- American Board of Pathology / Anatomic Pathology (2008)
- American Board of Pathology / Dermatopathology (2009)
Research & Publications
Dr. Taube is the assistant director of the Dermatoimmunology Laboratory. The lab provides tissue processing for direct immunofluorescence analysis, conducts bullous disease tests, accepts fresh tissue samples and provides blood/serum processing for indirect immunofluorescence analysis.
Activities & Honors
- American Society of Dermatopathology
- College of American Pathologists
- Dermatology Foundation
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology