Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Leslie Rachel Miller, M.D.
Director, Mood Disorders in Adolescents and Young Adults Program
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Depression, Mood Disorders
Research Interests: Combining psychosocial and pharmacologic interventions to optimize treatment; Treatments for youth with significant mood lability, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder.; Mood disorders, with particular focus on adolescents and young adults.; Mood disorders; Interpersonal Psychotherapy ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0018
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5104
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Contact for Research Inquiries
Leslie Miller, M.D.
4940 Eastern Avenue; D2E
- Director, Mood Disorders in Adolescents and Young Adults Program
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- MD, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University (2001)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center / Psychiatry (2004)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2008)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Child And Adolescent Psychiatry (2007)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2006, 2017)
Research & Publications
Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Youth with Severe Mood Dysregulation
Clinical Trial Keywordsinterpersonal psychotherapy, severe mood dysregulation, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, chronic irritability, outbursts
Miller, L. & Barnett, S. Mood lability and bipolar disorder in children and adolescents. International Review of Psychiatry. 2008; 20 (2): 171-6.
Miller, L. & Riddle, M. Venlafaxine extended-release in pediatric depression and anxiety. Pediatric Health. 2008; 2 (3): 279-288.
Activities & Honors
- Dean’s Clinical Excellence Award for Excellence in Service and Professionalism, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 2015
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry