I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Leslie Rachel Miller, M.D.
Director, Mood Disorders in Adolescents and Young Adults Program
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adolescent Health, Adolescent Medicine, Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Child Development and Behavioral Health, Child Psychiatry, Depression, Mood Disorders, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences , Psychotherapy, Trauma ...read more
Research Interests: Combining psychosocial and pharmacologic interventions to optimize treatment; Treatments for youth with significant mood lability, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder.; Mood disorders, with particular focus on adolescents and young adults.; Mood disorders; Interpersonal Psychotherapy ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0018
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5104
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Contact for Research Inquiries
Leslie Miller, M.D.
4940 Eastern Avenue; D2E
- Director, Mood Disorders in Adolescents and Young Adults Program
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- MD, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University (2001)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center / Psychiatry (2004)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2008)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Child And Adolescent Psychiatry (2007)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2006)
Research & Publications
Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Youth with Severe Mood Dysregulation
Clinical Trial Keywordsinterpersonal psychotherapy, severe mood dysregulation, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, chronic irritability, outbursts
Miller, L. & Barnett, S. Mood lability and bipolar disorder in children and adolescents. International Review of Psychiatry. 2008; 20 (2): 171-6.
Miller, L. & Riddle, M. Venlafaxine extended-release in pediatric depression and anxiety. Pediatric Health. 2008; 2 (3): 279-288.
Activities & Honors
- Dean’s Clinical Excellence Award for Excellence in Service and Professionalism, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 2015
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry