Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Izlem Izbudak, M.D.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Languages: English, German, Turkish
Expertise: Diagnostic Radiology
Research Interests: Pediatric neuroradiology
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
601 N. Caroline St.
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Izlem Izbudak is an Assistant Professor at the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Division of Neuroradiology and Pediatric Neuroradiology.
She earned her M.D. from Hacettepe University in Ankara, Turkey. She completed her radiology residency at Gazi University in Ankara, Turkey. She is fellowship trained in pediatric radiology and neuroradiology at Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Izbudak joined the Johns Hopkins neuroradiology faculty in 2006 after finishing her fellowships.
Dr. Izbudak has been an active member of the Transverse Myelitis Clinic at Johns Hopkins Hospital. She has been running the weekly case conferences with the neuroimmunology team since 2011. Dr. Izbudak is also a vital member of pediatric neuro-oncology tumor board at JHH. She has recently served as activity director for the 2015 Johns Hopkins Neuroradiology Review Course. Dr. Izbudak is a dedicated educator and currently serves as the Director of the Johns Hopkins Neuroradiology Residency Education Program.
Dr. Izbudak’s research focuses on advanced imaging in pediatric neuroradiology; on myelopathies and spinal cord diffusion tensor imaging, advanced imaging of neuroimmunologic diseases specifically NMO and MS.
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
- MD, Hacettepe University (1991)
- Ege University School of Medicine / Radiology (1993)
- Tip Fakultesi Gazi Universitesi / Radiology (1997)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiology (2006)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (2009)
- American Board of Radiology / Neuroradiology (2013, 2017)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Izbudak I, Chalian M, Hutton N, Baskaran V, Jordan L, Siberry GK, Gailloud P, Agwu AL. "Perinatally HIV-infected youth presenting with acute stroke: progression/evolution of ischemic disease on neuroimaging." J Neuroradiol. 2013 Jul;40(3):172-80.
- Meoded A, Poretti A, Ilica AT, Perez R, Jallo G, Burger PC, Huisman TA, Izbudak I. "Diffusion tensor imaging in a child with hypertrophic olivary degeneration." Cerebellum. 2013 Aug;12(4):469-74.
- Mossa-Basha M, Ilica AT, Maluf F, Karakoç Ö, Izbudak I, Aygün N.
"The many faces of fungal disease of the paranasal sinuses: CT and MRI findings." Diagn Interv Radiol. 2013 May-Jun;19(3):195-200.
- Bosemani T, Izbudak I. "Head and neck emergencies." Semin Roentgenol. 2013 Jan;48(1):4-13. doi: 10.1053/j.ro.2012.09.001.
- Ilica AT, Mossa-Basha M, Maluf F, Izbudak I, Aygun N. "Clinical and radiologic features of fungal diseases of the paranasal sinuses." J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2012 Sep-Oct;36(5):570-6.
Activities & Honors
- Best Poster Presentation, Eighth Annual Nuclear Medicine Meeting, 1996
- Young Investigators Award in SNM, 2004
- NATO Science Fellowship Programme, Cardiovascular MR Imaging, The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey, 1996
- Activity Director, Johns Hopkins Neuroradiology Review, 2013