Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Michael Robert Marohn, D.O.
Director, Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) Fellowship
Associate Professor of Surgery
Languages: English, French
Expertise: Achalasia, Adrenal Disorders, Adrenal Surgery, Bile Duct Injury, Bile Duct Surgery, Biliary Tract Surgery, Colitis, Ulcerative, Colon Cancer, Colon Surgery, Colonic Inertia, Colorectal Cancer, Colorectal Surgery, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulosis, Endocrine Diseases, Endocrine Oncology, Endocrine Surgery, Gallbladder Surgery, Gallstones, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), General Surgery, GERD Surgery , Hiatal Hernia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Pancreatic Surgery, Pancreatic Tumors, Parathyroid Surgery, Periampullary Tumors, Rectal Surgery, Reflux and Burning, Robotic Surgery, Spleen Surgery, Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome, Surgery, Surgery on the Chest Wall, Lungs, Esophagus and Pleura, Thyroid Surgery ...read more
Research Interests: Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS); Emerging interventional technologies; Surgical Robotics/Computer, Assisted Surgery; Telemedicine; Image integration in functional/interventional medicine; Surgical education, training, and simulation; Surgeon Performed Ultrasound; Harnessing technology for improved patient care & safety; Global impact of emerging technologies; Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES); Endocrine Surgery: Minimally Invasive Approaches ...read more
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5464
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0400
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
- Director, Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) Fellowship
- Director, Minimally Invasive Surgery Training Center (MISTC)
- Associate Professor of Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery - Ravitch Division of GI Surgery
Centers & Institutes
- Comprehensive Hernia Center
- Survival - Blalock
- DO, Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine Midwestern University (1979)
- Wilford Hall Medical Center (AETC) / General Surgery (1981)
- Wilford Hall Medical Center (AETC) / Surgical Critical Care (1982)
- Wilford Hall Medical Center (AETC) / General Surgery (1985)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery- General (1989, 2010)
Research & Publications
Core Facility: Survival - Blalock